Thursday, June 4, 2009

ranunculus and friends


my friend, master emily, (that sounds like a dominatrix name) did a really awesome thing yesterday and brought me flowers to work. they are pictured here, on my cluttered desk, because they have been such a bright spot in a bumpy couple of weeks.
also, these are not just any flowers; they are ranunculus. she knew that i wanted them at my wedding. she also knew, as i learned from my florist, poppie (yes, that is her real, God-given name), that ranunculus are out of season in North America in October, and that flying flowers up from South American or Thailand for a wedding is a little more Jay-Z and Beyonce than we're going for.
so, thank you, emily. i love them and i'm really glad about our friendship.

3 comments:

emilykatz said...

hollllllllllla! you're welcome!

ps. is that a GTD system i see on your desk???

Laura Ortberg Turner said...

it IS a GTD system! my file folder for every day of the month and every month of the year. only a kindred soul could have spotted that.

Sarah said...

Oh, you J people! Actually, I too, have to be organized on the job. Shocking I know.

But what I wanted to say is nice idea, Emily. And Laura I hope things are starting to look up for you! I miss you.